Signs2Go consists of 2 websites:
1. This website, with background information in English text, and
2. The actual Signs2Go website, where you find the learning content.
Structure of the Signs2Go website
1. Opening screen:
An opening screen with introductions in 5 sign languages, and a short summary in International Sign.
2. Navigation screen:
A navigation screen with small images of 10 Wicked clips: the 10 units on the website.
Also: links to interactive exercises for Fingerspelling, and for Numbers:
- Dictionary, Alphabet
- Multiple Choice
3. For each unit:
- A Wicked interview of 3-10 minutes (??), divided into 12-23 sections.
- For each interview: a summary of the contents, in 5 sign languages.
- For each section: an explanation in BSL and a translation/explanation in Norwegian Sign language, Sign Language of the Netherlands, German Sign Language and Italian Sign Language.
- 4 different types of exercises.
For each unit, there are 4 different types of exercises:
- Dictionary: 25 BSL signs and context sentences (for each unit), + translations in Norwegian Sign language, Sign Language of the Netherlands, German Sign Language and Italian Sign Language.\
- Multiple Choice: 5 questions per unit, with 4 answers, in 5 sign languages.
- Memory; 5 memory games, each with 6 BSL signs, to be matched to their translations in one of 4 sign languages.
- Webcam: 5 BSL sentences, that learners can 'mirror', while recording themselves with a webcam. Then: compare your own video with the model.
5. Help videos:
When a learner clicks on the HELP button, the learner will see clickable areas on the screen. When the learner clicks on an area, s/he will see a help video in one of 5 sign languages. There are 28 help videos.